Translator

December 31, 2012

Moving on to 2013

If you do anything this year, I hope you're starting the New Year off right! No matter where you are in the world, make sure you have an awesome night ringing in 2013...in about 8 hours! And I know where I WILL be - parked in front of the TV, watching the New Years Eve special on TV and watch the ball drop. Plus there are usually good performances leading up to the legendary NYC countdown. 

As I mentioned in a post a while ago, I had made up a list of some things I wanted to accomplish this year. Now that the end of the world nonsense is over, it's time to continue with reality. What do YOU want to accomplish this year? There are always the similar resolutions that tons of people make every year - that FAIL. 


I want to quit smoking.
I want to lose weight.
I'll go to church every week.
I want to work out more often.

I don't want to drink as much.

Blah, blah, blah. We all know how these end - not well. For some, not all.


How about trying these instead?


I want to go to 1 new place I've never been to before.
I want to splurge on 1 expensive thing this year.
I want to read a new book.
I want to see 5 movies I've never seen before.

I want to keep a journal.
I want to try a new recipe I've been wanting to try FOREVER.
I want to learn something new.


Try these instead. I've done all of these and - trust me - you will feel SO PROUD of yourself for sticking to this short & easy list.

So what do YOU want from this new year?

It's time for clearing out your past and rediscovering your future - what you REALLY want this year. And since we aren't all faced with the zombie apocalyspe, I suggest you create a list with simple goals - things you KNOW you will be able to achieve this year.


Don't be afraid to splurge a little - and I mean "splurge" by buying maybe 2 expensive things you normally wouldn't, but you know you'll get use from said things. 


If you're big on losing that weight, try little goals. Run around the block every day for a week. Swim a certain distance once a week. Practice walking before running and your body will thank you.


That's how I completed my 5K in August - I ran .5 miles at the gym. Which was new for me. Then moved up to 1 mile a day. By the end of the summer, I was running 3.5-4 miles a day. Then went to Italy and got fat, but whatever.


It's a work in progress.


Happy New Year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment