Translator

May 19, 2012

True Life: New Jersey

Everyone knows about shows like The Jersey Shore and The Real Housewives of New Jersey.

I hate these shows. Why?

Whenever someone from the DMV (DC, Maryland, Virginia) area or CUA asks where I'm from, I say that I'm from New Jersey. All of a sudden, you see this crazy look on their face and they think OMG! She's one of those idiots! But I'm not - at all.

I'm not Snooki - I'm not an orange basketball who gets passed around by all the guys. I've never been to a tanning salon, I've only had my nails done once (which I'll never do again), and I DO NOT - I repeat DO NOT - have a thick Jersey Shore accent. Those idiots are from the islands - Staten Island and Long Island. And quite honestly, they ruined New Jersey. 


Unfortunately, I was born and raised in NJ and I will always call NJ home. But there are things you DON'T know about NJ (that some Jersey folk don't realize either):

(1) CENTRAL JERSEY DOES EXIST. No more North vs. South nonsense.
(2) There is a town in Middlesex County called Middlesex. It's true - look it up. 

(3) Very simple romantic places exist in NJ. 


There's a town called Piscataway. Within this town is a Catholic Church called Our Lady of Fatima. Along this church is a railroad track and parallel to that, a river/lake. I'm actually not sure which because I haven't seen the end of it. I drive past it every day on my way to work and I love it - it's one of my favorite places in the area because it's like a little park. There's a gazebo that overlooks the water. Sometimes people take their little boats on the water during the day and you see fisherman on the gazebos on the water. Couples take walks in the afternoon along the sidewalk. Little old ladies read their books on the benches. And there's even a picnic area. It's quite romantic. Check it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment